We are recruiting!
TNR has been engaging audiences through editorial, creative and social content for over 15 years and is the UK’s leading content-led PR specialists. Owned by the Press Association, the UK’s news agency, we are based at PA’s headquarters in London, Victoria.
Our clients are PR agencies or the in-house comms teams of major brands, Government departments and charities. Our services include: video content production and distribution, Radio Days – from our broadcast studio at the Press Association, Video Production, PR Photography and Media Training for company spokespeople.
For more details, please visit www.wearetnr.com
We have also just launched a branded content agency, Commotion, delivering exceptional brand content for digital and social. Please visit www.wemakecommotion.com
Camera op / Editor
Do you have a passion for story telling? Can you shoot and edit a fantastic film for a brand that tells their story, promotes their brand and meets their budget? If you can, then this is the role for you. We are looking for someone who can produce exceptional branded and editorial content for a wide range of TNR and Commotion clients.
You must be able to shoot to a very high standard, across a range of cameras, and know how to light a shot to perfection. You will be working on anything from corporate productions, shooting and editing B-Roll (broadcast rough cut footage) for news to creating the latest social campaign across Insta, Facebook and Twitter – all for some of the world’s best loved ice cream, drinks, sport and fashion brands. These are just a few of the tasks that make up this exciting role and extraordinary opportunity for someone new to join our team, and create amazing content for the likes of Virgin, Coke, Guinness World Records and many more.
You must be confident, not cocky, there’s no room for diva’s here! But bring bags of enthusiasm, ideas and new ways of filming and editing to the table. Ideally you will have already been doing this for 5 years or so, and can bring a wicked showreel of work that will knock our socks off and show us how it’s done!
If you thrive on working with likeminded, creative folk, can do all the above, make a fab cup of tea and are game for a laugh with a talented bunch of people… then we can’t wait to meet you!
TNR is fast-paced, challenging and extremely varied, requiring a flexible person with an outgoing personality and positive attitude. The role includes:
- Main in-house camera op/ editor
- Shooting on location, in studio and on occasion internationally
- Quality control – as the lead camera person you will set the tone for the rest of the business
- Excellent grasp of storytelling techniques
- Understanding of editorial guidelines and the ability to shoot and edit great news content, fast
- Able to produce, edit and create motion GFX
- Creative thinking and ability to work with creative teams
- Working with the production team to conceive and develop winning creative pitch proposals
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Manage pre and post production stages with minimal input from producers/directors
- Develop and maintain streamlined post-production processes and facilities
- Organise and maintain efficient edit suite back up and archive system
- Maintenance of in-house camera and lighting kit
Desired skills and experience:
- Experienced creative camera op and editor (4 – 5 years’ experience minimum, must include self shooting and editing)
- Wide range of shooting and editing experience on creative and editorial projects, news experience would be an advantage
- Technically adept – excellent knowledge of a range of cameras from C300, FS7, Reds etc. and technical lighting knowledge
- A flare for editing creatively and at speed – experience in Premier Pro essential
- Motion GFX – After Effects, Cinema 4D, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage multiple edits
- Adaptable, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience working with branded content Commercial understanding of what it takes to create a budget and ability to produce content on budget and deadline
Please apply by email by 23 February 18 with a letter, CV, showreel (If you do not submit a showreel your application will not be considered) and indication of your salary expectations to email@example.com. Sorry but due to volume of replies we can only respond if you are successful.
Please NO CALLS.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
Production Manager, TNR
There is now a really exciting opportunity for an experienced, talented, enthusiastic and ambitious team player to join this growing agency as Production Manager.
The successful applicant will have a combination of newsroom experience with the ability to work very fast, to tight deadlines (often putting shoots together with very little notice) and management skills – both with the production team of 6 and with a range of clients.
The work is fast-paced, challenging and extremely varied and requires someone with an outgoing personality and positive attitude to steer the production team, ensuring all content is of the highest quality.
This is a dynamic role with great opportunities to grow with the company.
- Managing production schedule for production team and assigning projects
- Ensuring fair workload distribution
- Managing campaigns including sell-in, pre-production, production and ensuring team have
- all required information
- Responding to client briefs with well thought through and considered responses / consultation
- Detailed video production quotations
- Nurturing client relationships
- Managing the Account Management of clients by other members of the team
- Occasional production of shoots on location
- Management of client’s budgets and financial reporting to the HOP and MD
- Use production and journalistic expertise to turn client briefs into potential projects and then confirmed work
- Manage health and safety, licensing and relevant legislation associated with production
- Ensuring sufficient freelancers on rota at all times
- Quality control at all stages
- Broadcast Journalism background
- Experience managing a busy desk with multiple projects
- Positive, can-do attitude, motivated by delivering stand-out results for clients
- Generate creative and strategic recommendations and be able to articulate them to clients both face-to-face and via proposals
- Be a self-starter, capable of working independently, and be motivated to succeed
- Well proven client-handling and multi-tasking skills, being able to work under pressure
- and meet regular tight deadlines
- Have strong planning and organisations skills with good attention to detail
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong management skills – ability to manage the team under pressure
Please email us with an outline of why you are interested in this position, your CV plus an indication of your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd February to apply for this position. Due to anticipated high volume of responses you will only receive a response if you are invited for interview – sorry!
Please no calls.
The Company encourages applications from all sectors of the community.